Identify Your Primary Concerns
First identify what is missing or inadequate with the service provided by your current management company. Your friend’s favorite aircraft management company may not be the best fit for your needs. Do you want more charter hours or do you want prompt attention and feedback on your requests? Are you more concerned about accounting reconciliations?
Discuss Changes in Service with the Current Management Company
After you know what is missing, your current management company may be able to provide better or different services to address your concerns.
- Schedule uninterrupted time for a meeting to discuss your concerns and how they can be addressed.
- Document the decisions made at the meeting.
- Schedule a follow-up meeting after any changes have been made to discuss whether the initial changes are sufficient or if additional action is required.
When Changing the Aircraft Management Company
If you make a decision to hire a different management company for your aircraft:
- Determine how much notice is required to terminate the agreement with the current management company
- Determine whether the crew can go with the plane to the new management company.
When Selecting a New Aircraft Manager
- Ensure your list of concerns and desired outcomes are addressed in detail in the initial discussions with any prospective replacement management company
- Document the services the new management company will provide.
Please contact Jetstream Aviation Law if we can assist you in addressing your corporate aviation issues.
Michelle Wade is a partner with the law firm of Jetstream Aviation Law and counsels clients on the acquisition, financing, and operation of corporate jets operated under Part 91 and Part 135 of the Federal Aviation Regulations. Jetstream Aviation Law can be found at www.JetstreamLaw.com.
The information provided here is not legal advice and does not purport to be a substitute for advice of counsel on any specific matter. For legal advice, you should consult with an attorney concerning your specific situation.